Do you do this, too? Collect stuff in your Amazon cart until you get over the $35 threshold for free shipping?
I can help with that!
As you know, I’m doing a free ebook giveaway if you pre-order my book this week. It’s (currently) $12.96 in paperback, which leaves you $22.04 away from free shipping. Here are ten great options that take you just a little bit over that threshold, and provide you with at least three fantastic reads!
1. For Totally Fun Sexytimes
Bonk ($13.55), on the weird world of the science of sex, and
The Siren ($11.44), sparkingly written, sex positive, kinky, and even romantic erotica
2. For Romance:
Love Sense ($17.93), on attachment science, healthy relationship, and joyful sex, and
Flowers from the Storm ($7.99), the best romance novel ever written.
3. For Feeling Awesome Inside Your Body:
Body Respect ($12.66), Linda Bacon and Lucy Aphramor’s inspiring and evidence-based take-down of fat shaming and diet culture, and
Essential Rumi ($12.66), because: Rumi. My copy is dog-eared and underlined all over.
4. For Dealing with Stress:
Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers ($11.59), a fun and practical romp through the science of stress, and
Living Beautifully ($12.30), Pema Chodron’s book about the Three Commitments, to embrace “chaotic, uncertain, dynamic, challenging nature of our situation as a path to awakening”
5. For Trauma Recovery:
The Body Keeps the Score ($18.94), on the science of trauma and healing, and
What a Wallflower Wants ($5.99) (tw) A lovely romance novel about healing from sexual violence
6. For Meditators and the Mindful
Self-Compassion ($8.96), Kristin Neff’s transformative research and practice around reducing self-criticism and increasing mindfulness, self-kindness, and awareness of “common humanity;”
Pocket Pema Chodron ($7.95), a beautiful little compendium of Chodron’s wisdom; and
How to Be an Adult ($9.86), the book I refer all my students to, when they’re interested in developing secure attachment.
7. For Guys who Prioritize Women’s Sexual Pleasure (we heart you!)
She Comes First ($13.16), the go-to guide on cunnilingus and
How to Be an Adult in Relationships ($9.01), a painless and practical guide to being awesome at relationships.
8. For Poly Folks
Opening Up ($14.94) Tristan Taormino’s practical guide, and
Ecstasy is Necessary ($13.21), because it is.
9. For Women Who Have Sex with Women
Sexual Fluidity ($17.61) – no one should not be aware of Lisa Diamond and her work – and
Best Lesbian Erotica ($13.56), from the inimitable Cleis Press.Just published!
10. For Fun
Last Chance to See ($13.77), one of my all-time favorite books, and
Images You Should Not Masturbate To ($9.95), which is just fucking hilarious.
BONUS: For History and Philosophy of Science
Case of the Female Orgasm ($19.58) Interested in the evolution of female orgasm? This. and
Love at Goon Park ($10.75), Deborah Blum’s biography of Harry Harlow.
These are so expensive, you can just pick one:
- The Science of Trust ($31.19) Interested in the science of human relationships? This.
- How Sexual Desire Works ($35.99) Interested in the science of sexual desire? This.
- The Polyvagal Theory ($39.87) Interested in the neurophysiology of the stress response? This.
- Sexual Selection and the Origins of Human Mating Systems ($64.78) Interested in the evolution of human sexuality? This.
- Pleasures of the Brain ($109.23) Interested in the neuroscience of pleasure? This.
OTHER GREAT STUFF
Can’t get enough? I also recommend these:
- What Makes Love Last? ($13.16), John Gottman’s latest. Love me some Gottman.
- Health at Every Size ($12.46), the quintessential guide to size acceptance and real health
- In an Unspoken Voice ($11.85), about Somatic Experiencing
- Self-Therapy ($13.50), practical guide through Internal Family Systems therapy
Dive in! There are so many great books. These are just a few that I have loved and been inspired by.